21 Jun 2019

PTA Newsletter – Friday 21 June

PTA News  Adverts   Disclaimer  

PTA News

Thank you to Tara Delaney and the PTA Committee for all their efforts this year.  The events organised have raised funds for the school and been hugely enjoyed by students, staff and parents.  We are sad to say goodbye to Tara, as her daughter is in Year 6. She has been a great chairman, but the position will need to be filled by someone else next year!

Apologies for cancelling the Bingo night.  Unfortunately, it is a busy time of year for everyone and no one was able to take on the role of lead volunteer.  Bingo will return next term.

The PTA office will close on Friday 28th June for the holidays.  On Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th August the office will be open from 10am – 2pm.  Thereafter, normal opening hours, 8am – 2:45pm, will resume.

The PTA Calendar of Events is in the process of being finalised and will be available on the school website soon.  Please note a few dates for your diary, listed below.

Invoices for PTA fees for the next academic year have sent to all families with students enrolled for next term.  Hopefully the FAQ below will help with any questions you may have, otherwise please contact PTA staff before the end of term.

 

PTA Billing of Fees – FAQ

Q: Do I have to pay?
A: Yes, as per the ESF Ordinance 2008 all families must pay PTA Fees.

Q: I only have one child at CWBS.  Is the fee the same for families with more than one child?
A: Yes, the charge is $320 per family, so it’s the same amount regardless of the number of children attending CWBS.

Q: Do I need a PayPal Account to settle my invoice?
A: No, you can settle online with a credit card.  You do not need a PayPal account.

Q: Should I send confirmation to the PTA when I pay online?
A: No, PayPal marks the invoice as Paid and generates a notification for the PTA.

Q: What should I do if I have problems paying the invoice?
A: Contact the PTA Office before the payment deadline and we will be happy to assist you.

Q: Will I have to pay the late fee if I don’t settle before the payment deadline of 28th June?
A: Yes, if you haven’t paid and if you haven’t contacted us, a $100 late payment fee will be charged from 29th June onwards.

 

School Fair 2nd November 2019

Thank you to those of you who have already volunteered to help with preparations for our Rainforest Fair next term.  We kicked things off this term by giving students as an opportunity to vote which charity will receive 5% of the fair profits.  And the winners are WWF. Early next term we will let you know what the other 95% of the profit will be spent on.

Dates for fair meetings have been scheduled for next term.  Please come along if you are able to help with preparation tasks.

 

Staff Appreciation Lunch

Thanks to Olivia Morley and her team for organising a spectacular staff lunch on Tuesday.  Thanks also to all parents who contributed food. It was a fabulous spread, the food was delicious and the staff enjoyed it very much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you have not yet collected your dishes from the PTA office, please do so before the end of term.  This is what’s left:

PTA Events in Term 3

25 June Year 6 Bowling 11am – 2pm

26  June Year 6 Party at Hebe Haven Yacht Club 5 – 7:30pm

 

PTA Events in August/September

12 & 13 August PTA office open for business 10am – 2pm

14 & 15 August PTA briefing session & welcome coffee for new parents, 8:30-9:30am

22 August Fair preparation meeting, time TBC

28 August Class Contacts’ Meeting (class tasks for the fair will be assigned)

6 September Sausage Sizzle Lunch

12 September Fair preparation meeting, time TBC

16 September PTA AGM – all parents welcome

20 September Family Bingo, 6:30-7:45pm


Adverts


 

 Get your Free Trial Subscription Here 








Click Here


Disclaimer

Clearwater Bay School (CWBS) reserves the right to accept or reject any advertisement submitted for CWBS publications and on its websites. However, CWBS does not attempt to investigate or verify advertisements appearing in CWBS´s publications and on its websites. The appearance of advertising in CWBS´s publications and on its websites in no way implies endorsement or approval by CWBS of any advertising claims or of the advertiser, its product, or services. CWBS disclaims any liability whatsoever in connection with advertising appearing in CWBS´s publications and on its websites.

Top