In the Autumn Term, we conducted a parent technology survey to find out more about our students use of technology, and the issues that are arising outside of school time. Below are the key findings…
Summary: There were a total of 238 responses to the survey, with all year groups similarly represented.
Devices Used at Home
Summary: More than half the respondents used an Apple computer at home.
Technology use & Screen Time
Summary: The majority of respondents were very concerned about the time their child spends online and the time their child spends in front of a screen.
- Organise a round-table discussion with parents to further discuss findings of the survey ×
- Prioritise areas for development ×
- launch ‘Be Internet Awesome’ programme ×
- develop ’20 is plenty’ screen time initiative ×
- support families in implementing media/device contracts
- enhance resources available on school website ×
- raise awareness of parental control/monitoring on home devices
- enhance communication between school & home with (learning in technology)
- Host parent information evening ×
- promote creativity rather than consumption for student use of technology
- provide ongoing support to families with regard to technology