Withdrawal from CWBS
If your child is going to withdraw from the school, please complete and submit the Student Withdrawal Form via the ESF App at least one calendar month before the last attendance date.
If you are withdrawing your child at the end of this academic year, please complete and submit the Student Withdrawal Form via the ESF App on or before 1 June. Otherwise, we will assume that your child is returning after summer and parents are liable to the tuition fees for September even if the student does not return to school. Notice of withdrawal by other means such as email, letter or verbal notice is not acceptable.
- If a family has more than one child attending ESF schools, please submit individual withdrawal notice for each child.
- Tuition fees are charged for a complete month. There’s no pro-rata adjustment for attendance for part of a month.
- Any change of last attendance date / cancellation of withdrawal is subject to the availability of school places at respective schools.
- If there is any credit balance / refundable capital levy on account, refund will be made via the designated auto-pay account.
- Please expect the financial settlement, including any eligible refund, will be completed within two calendar months after student’s last date of attendance. (For secondary students who may be on examination leave, the last day of attendance is deemed to be the last day of the academic year.)
- Parents are required to pay the non-refundable capital levy and admissions deposit as a new enrolment if their child re-enters any ESF school after the date of withdrawal.
Should you have any enquiries regarding student withdrawal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For prospective students who have accepted a place in school, please complete and return this withdrawal form to the school office in person or via email at email@example.com. In such cases, the admission deposit will be forfeited.
Should there be changes in the last date of attendance or cancellation of withdrawal after the withdrawal notice is lodged, please inform the school in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please note any subsequent change to the last date of attendance or cancellation of withdrawal may be declined depending on the availability of school places.
Internal Transfer Policy
Transfers are allowed following completion of the commitment period, if applicable, to the current school or if the student has already been with the school for two or more years.
The address proof of school zone must be provided if wishing to transfer to an ESF primary or secondary school. Discovery College and Renaissance College are zone free and hence do not require address proof for school zone.
The student may join the internal transfer waitlist for the year group and school of zone according to the category priority order. The timing of transfer will be dependent on availability.
Year 6 to Year 7 transfers – the guarantee secondary school placement is based on the system the student is currently. If the student is attending one of the private independent schools, Discovery College or Renaissance College, the Year 7 place is guaranteed for their respective secondary school phase. ESF primary students are guaranteed place at an ESF school based on conditions specified. Click here for key dates.
Procedure for transfer request
- All requests for transfers maybe submitted from 1 January, at the earliest, for entry to the following academic year. For students on a two-year commitment, the transfer request may be submitted six months in advance of the completion of their commitment. There may be a possibility of mid-term entry depending on the place availability if the student has already completed their commitment to his/her current school. Normally there is movement and withdrawals over the summer period for transfer to take place.
- The written transfer request must be submitted to the Admissions Office at the student’s current school. The current school will raise the transfer request if all conditions or requirements are met. The future school is informed of the transfer request.
- Once there is availability, the future school will inform the student’s current school to initiate the transfer process. The current school will be in contact with the family to confirm and start the transfer arrangements.
Learning Support Class (LSC) students may request transfer, in writing, through the ESF SEN Administrator following completion of the commitment period, if applicable, to the current school or if the student has already been with the school for two or more years, and by providing proof of address of school zone. Please note that two zones operate for LSC places; Hong Kong and Kowloon. Due to the limited number and high demand for LSC places, the availability and timing of LSC transfer places is not guaranteed.